Sunday, September 11, 2011

Banana Muffins

I am in LOVE with this recipe. I make them weekly and freeze them for my family for breakfast. Pop them in the microwave for 15 seconds and it's breakfast on the go. Super yummy. I have mine with egg whites and veggies or a protein shake if I am in a hurry.
Go here for more yummy recipes.

3 Large Ripe Bananas

3/4 cup Applesauce 2 eggs

1/4 cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup evaporated cane juice)

1/2 cup Truvia (or 30 packets)

2 cups Whole Wheat Flour 2 tsp Vanilla

1/2 tsp Baking Powder

1 tsp Baking Soda

1/2 tsp Salt

Directions: In a blender, mix eggs, applesauce and bananas until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until blended into a smooth batter. Fold in chocolate chips, carob chips or nuts if desired. Preheat oven to 325. Fill each opening of a sprayed muffin tin 3/4 of the way full. (I personally prefer foil liners.) Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown.

Makes 24 muffins. Each muffin (sans additions) is approximately 70 calories. They are just as good 1 – 2 days later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is New......

This month, I’m launching an exclusive group for this new nutrition program and I’m super excited for it! You can learn all about it here...