Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Interval Training

"A simple definition of interval training is: short, high-intensity cardio excersies (using 90 to 100 percent MHR) alternated with longer periods of lower-intensity cardio (70 to 80 percent of MHR).- Jillian Michaels"

You might be wondering what your MHR, it is your maximum heart rate.
For Woman it's 220 - your age.
For Men it's 226- your age.

A good example of interval training would be going at a faster pace or steeper incline for 2 minutes and then bringing it down a bit (not too much, just enough to recover) for a minute. Then repeat up to 30-40 minutes. When I teach my kickboxing class I always throw in intervals. It helps you burn more calories, while you increase your performance. You can't go wrong with that!

2 comments:

  1. so how willing would you be to sharing your kickboxing routine??? i am teaching every Fridays and needing some more routines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously excited about your blog! It's going to keep me motivated when I need it. :)

    ReplyDelete

What is New......

This month, I’m launching an exclusive group for this new nutrition program and I’m super excited for it! You can learn all about it here...