Saturday, March 5, 2011

Motivating Quotes....

In two of the fitness books I'm currently reading they talk about posting motivational quotes every where you can see them. They will give you the boost you need when you might not feel your best.

The two quotes I've relied on lately are:

"If you only look at what it is, you might never attain what could be." - author unkown

"The only thing you need to worry about is striving to be the best you can be. And how do you do that? You keep your eye on the goals that matter most in life, and you move towards them step by step." -Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin



Sometimes I get wrapped up on the long term goal and it seems like it's A GIANT GOAL. Then I remind myself I've got two options: give up or suck it up and try to do my best with each step I take.

The other day I took my kids (3.5 yrs old and 23 months old) to the park. My 23 month old is always trying to keep up with her older brother. She wanted to play on the big toys, not the small ones. And of course that made me nervous... Anyway she was trying to climb up one of the tubes and every time she would almost get to the top she would lose her grip and slide back down to the bottom. I tried to get her to come out, but she wouldn't. She was determined to get to the top and climb out of the tube. Well, after about 10 tries she finally did it.

At that moment I realized with determination anything is truly possible. Let's not limit ourselves on our goals. Set up baby steps. If you slip, brush it off and get back in the game. Allow your self to dream. Create a vision board of goals that you want to achieve the next 6 months.

Let's go get em'!!


I'd love to know your favorite quotes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is New......

This month, I’m launching an exclusive group for this new nutrition program and I’m super excited for it! You can learn all about it here...