Tuesday, March 22, 2011

5 Tips to losing weight

1. Start with Lemon Water.
Every morning, before I do anything else, I head to my kitchen and drink a glass of warm water with the juice of half a lemon. This simple drink is said to stimulate your metabolism, aid digestion, cleanse your liver, act as a natural diuretic, relieve constipation and improve immunity - all of which will help you lose weight. On top of all of that, lemon water can also rid your skin of blemishes!
2. Eat Breakfast Every Day. Breakfast is, by far, the most important meal of the day. Research shows that those who eat breakfast consume less saturated fat and cholesterol throughout the day than those who skip it. By eating breakfast, you'll be giving yourself a better chance at making healthier choices all day!
3. Take the Stairs. This small change can make a huge difference in your success. If you make it a habit to take the stairs instead of riding in the elevator or taking the escalator, you'll be adding essential physical activity to your day! Start today by taking the stairs at work, in the subway station and at the mall - it's such a simple change, but a habit that will have lasting effects on your weight and your health.
4. Pack a Lunch. Having Clean food with you is of the utmost importance if you're going to lose weight. Brown bagging your lunch will help you avoid making unhealthy choices while you're away from home. From my experience, there are not many places where you can get a healthy lunch that fits within the Eat-Clean Diet® principles, so I prefer to pack my cooler with food I've prepared that both nourishes me and supports my weight loss goals.
5. Cut the Sugar. Sugar is the most dangerous thing in your diet. If you're adding it to your coffee, drinking lots of soda or eating candy I want you to cut it out of your diet immediately. You should also be aware of how often it pops up in the ingredients of the food you'd least expect and under names that are almost unrecognizable. Striking this unnecessary ingredient from your diet will do more for your health and your weight than you can imagine. Do it today! With these tips, you can get started on losing those pounds that you thought you'd never lose!

These are some tips from Tosca Reno. One of my favorite books is "The Eat Clean DIet" by Tosca Reno. I'm a subscriber to her newsletter, which is free and fantastic!! Click here to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is New......

This month, I’m launching an exclusive group for this new nutrition program and I’m super excited for it! You can learn all about it here...