Monday, March 21, 2011

Peanut Butter Protein Bars

I'm a huge peanut butter fan, in fact it's one of my biggest weaknesses. I tried an awesome recipe that I got from here. They are yummy and great on the go, and my family loved them (added BONUS). Give them a try.

2 cups raw oats

4 scoops protein powder (vanilla or cookies and cream) The scoop I use is 4 Tablespoons per scoop.

1/2 cup plain fat free greek yogurt

2 TB *powdered peanut butter (I got mine from here).

cinnamon – to taste

liquid vanilla stevia or any natural sweetener – to taste

Directions:

1. Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl.

2. Mix together.

3. Spray 9 x 9 glass dish with cooking spray and press mixure evenly into dish. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.

(picture from Healthy Mama, Happy Mama)

4. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set up. Cut into 4 – 6 squares and put in individual baggies. I freeze mine, or you can put them in the fridge.

*Now, if you don’t have access to peanut butter powder, replace the peanut butter powder and greek yogurt with 1/2 cup natural peanut butter and 1/2 cup water. Directions stay the same except divide into 6 or 8 squares. If you want to try these out with your kids, add in some mini chocolate chips or carob chips – they won’t even know they are healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What is New......

This month, I’m launching an exclusive group for this new nutrition program and I’m super excited for it! You can learn all about it here...