Friday, November 23, 2012

Sometimes I wish I didn't know...

I am a very OCD person..yes it's true!! Life has thrown some curve balls lately and I am learning to roll with it. I have to workout 6 days a week, eat 90% clean, and have a sparkling clean house. With 3 kids ages 5 and under those are pretty high standards, and not realistic for my life right now. I am learning that if I slip here and there it is going to be okay, I will survive if I don't get my sweat on 6 days a week (for at least 60min), or if I eat a homemade roll and pumpkin pie around the holidays!! How dare me!! lol I am learning in life all things in moderation are OK,  believe me that is hard for me!! As a mom, wife, and fitness freak I put a lot of pressure on myself to be SUPERWOMAN. Let me tell you..it is not possible!!
For the past 10 months I have been working on trying to be a more balanced person. I have been seeing a counselor to help me overcome some of my life obstacles. To be honest I think everyone should see one!! It helps you realize what's really important and how corrupt your brain can be at times. Its a very humbling experience, and part of my pride doesn't want anyone to know. What will people think about me?? Will they think I am a freak (I am who I am)?? In all reality if you judge me, it is on you!! So I wouldn't waste your energy doing it. Save it for your workout :-).
One of my favorite health junkie ladies to follow is Jen. She is honest and real. Her website offers a lot of great tips and recipes. Check it out. In the mean time read this article!!
Awesome article     

2 comments:

  1. I am reading this while having lunch at Whole Foods that includes a scoop of real potato salad over some organic kale. They didn't have my favorite kale salad. But even before reading your blog I thought "how is THAT for balance"

    Thanks for sharing your story! I think with balance come the results we are all looking for, no matter what area of life.

    And I firmly believe that I am in the "forever track" of my Yoga Training is because my Yoga Teacher is a counselor by trade and I'm afraid I can't see her as a counselor when I graduate. This way I at least get my Yoga counseling :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More yoga in my life would be a good thing. I agree life is a constant balancIng act :-)

      Delete

What is New......

This month, I’m launching an exclusive group for this new nutrition program and I’m super excited for it! You can learn all about it here...